Yesterday started off at something like 70 degrees. Incredible. I got up, prepped turkey and stuffing. Set up the house for the influx of 22 people, sent siblings for last minute trips to grocery stores and at around noon went for a run. My only solo moment of the day. Beautiful outside. Gorgeous leaves falling. Sweet, wonderful run. So perfect. I am so thankful for that short moment.
Thankfulness wants to be expressed to someone, something. Thank you cosmos. Thank you friends. Thank you family.
A couple days ago I was using the dust buster on the stairs and my mother, who was visiting, ran around the corner asking what was making that noise. I held up the dust buster. "Oh, that was eerie." she said "It sounded just like when the sirens go off (in Israel) telling us to get in the shelters."
Thank you for my loved ones being safe so far.
All of my siblings were together yesterday. All seven of us. That is extremely rare. Thank you for our family bond. We are tight and we are friends and we laugh and play together really well. Thank you for the smallers. There were eight of them here yesterday. Thank you for the 'show' they put on for us. Thank you for their inability to keep quiet 'backstage'. It was better than the show. Thank you for the peace that descended when they were finally asleep.
Thank you for it all.
I am a griper. I will go back to griping tomorrow. I do not enjoy Christmas. I, in fact, wish I could keep my blissful Thanksgiving and burrow with it underground until after the New Year.
That is not to be. But for today. Thank you, thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment