So pretty much everything I said would happen, did happen in the Caribbean. The card games were epic, the volleyball was legendary. Much, much mischief occurred. Oh right, and a beautiful wedding that was both laid back and intimate.
On the last leg of our flight back we had some pretty nasty turbulence. I thought of a couple of my friends who are extremely fearful of flying. One in particular. I grew up traveling internationally, but when I go through a patch like that I still turn to look at the flight attendants. If you see them worrying then something is really wrong. The first time I realized that, was coming into Heathrow airport when I was 10 years old. The entire flight had been smooth, and then about 15 minutes from London it got stormy. There was some major shaking and at one point it seemed like the plane free fell for a few seconds. When that happened I saw our flight attendant frantically scramble for her seat and her face was no longer placid, but decidedly strained. That was my most scary moment flying ever. Her face said it all.
Obviously we pulled through, and landed just fine. Then and now.
I actually laughed after the turbulence ended. Partially from relief I guess. Partially because of when it happened. At the end of the trip, three kids at home, me still in my strappy little summer dress with jeans underneath and a sweater over it. So close to Thanksgiving. Will they pull through? How very holiday movie reel. I know the comedy is a little black. But still funny to me.
Now on to turkey day, which I like, then to the dreaded Christmas, which I hate. I am never peaceful until after the New Year. I have a horde coming over on Thursday...so off I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment