Within the next week my family will slowly migrate here and then in one fell swoop we will all depart to the Caribbean for a destination wedding.
The beach. Mid 80's. I am literally pining for this time. Five days. No smallers. Myself and Mr. hpmelon and my family and friends and the wide open beach.
I will float in the big blue ocean. I love running on the beach. I will do that too. No ipod needed, just beach sounds. I will drink whenever I feel like it. Eat whatever I want. I will snorkel, and read, and hike, and play with my many siblings. We will be loud and funny and finish each others sentences, and get really competitive during beach volleyball, and get so silly while playing cards that our level of obnoxiousness will quickly remove any in-laws from the mix. We will start talking in funny voices that are hysterical only to us. We will speak in code as we always do when we are around each other for more than a day. We will probably fight. We always fight. We always make up. Quickly. And laugh about it. High tempers, high forgiveness. We will get drunk, very drunk. We will start daring each other, and we will all do the dares. The in-laws will return for this. They love this. Watching our bravado. When we feel like Titans. We are a fantastic show.
Or maybe we will just sleep and be boring a laze around on the beach. That could happen too. It would be a first, but you never know. Either way sounds perfectly great to me.
So soon, I can taste it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds amazing... I love the Caribbean. I always think they must have put dye in the water...
Post a Comment