Saturday night after my show was done, I drove over to the theatre where a good friend of mine was performing to wait for her to be done, so we could go see Freak House (which we never got into by the way, but I hear it is loads of fun).
While waiting in the lobby I sat and listened to the sound of the show. It is an undeniable hum, muffled electricity. The crazy thing is that no matter what the show, it always has the same sound in the lobby. The sound of waiting, holding your breath. All this action goes on in the theatre and in the lobby there is this stasis. I love this sound. It is so comforting and energized. I was so content sitting there in the hush, taking a break from the whirlwind.
Lovely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love this post - how beautiful.
Thank you.
what happened with freakhouse? I didn't even make it over there, so you did better than I did. How was lil' Houdini?
Post a Comment