Tuesday, October 03, 2006

rewrites

Small: I don't like the end.

Me: What part don't you like?

Small: Why doesn't the king take the cup of poison away from the queen?

Me: He does not see that she is going to drink it.

Small: Yes he does, he sees her doing it.

Me: How would you have it happen?

Small: I would have it happen that the king runs over to her and stops her.

Me: But he doesn't want anyone to know that he poisoned it, and that might give it away.

Small: Whatever, at least he could run over and smack it out of her hand and say that drinking too much alcohol is bad for you. That would have kept his secret.

Me: You're right. I can't believe Shakespeare never thought of that.

1 comment:

SAS said...

Your kids are so smart they are going to take over the world.

What's your schedule like this week?