If you did not get a chance to read this in Sunday's Washington Post Magazine, here it is now. This article about recognizing beauty has become a major discussion here in the hpmelon home. It asks so many questions.
Do we only recognize art when it is in the right frame?
Is it special if the ticket price is high?
Is the need to be payed, bigger than the need to enjoy life?
Can we only appreciate beauty if nothing else is distracting us?
It's long, but very interesting.
In other news...I am headed to NYC this weekend...but I have to work folks. I may have a little time here and there to grab a coffee, so drop me a line if you want to meet up. I am chaperoning a class trip. Woo hoo! No stop, stop. I know you all are crazy jealous of me.
Stop it.
I said stop it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rocking.
Whatcha gonna see?
Post a Comment