It is spring break for the Smallers. Yesterday we took them to see Mt. Vernon. It was great, at least it was great once we got going. It took us an extra 30 minutes to get out the door because Smallest has decided there is nothing more important in life than good fashion.
Here is an excerpt of the all out brawl that we had.
Smallest: There is something on my green shirt, there is something on my green shirt!
Me: It's nothing.
Smallest: Get it off! (Tears have begun) Please, please help me....please!
Me: (Wipe off offending smudge.) There, lets go.
Smallest: No my pony holders are the wrong color.
Me: They're fine, I am not changing them.
Smallest: They! Are! The! Wrong! Color!
Me: No look, there is a little pink in your shorts, so they still match.
Smallest: (Falling to the floor in a swoon.) Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I need green! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Me: Smallest, get yourself together, and lets go.
Smallest: I! Neeeeeeed! Greeeeeeen!
Me: Not happening. Here are your sneakers.
Smallest: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The! Sneakers! Don't! Match! I will look bad! I need my red sparkle shoes. Pleeeeeeeeeeease! (Tears have been non stop this whole time and are now soaking her shirt, which she sees and it induces even harder sobbing.)
Me: Smallest, lets just put these on and go, you won't even notice once we get going.
Smallest: Sparkle shoes. Green pony holders.
Me: It's not happening.
Smallest: Sparkle shoes. Green pony holders.
Me: No.
Smallest: Aaaaaaaaaah! I am not a happy princess!
Me: (Laugh hysterically at her pain.)
For the rest of the day, anytime I don't like something, I use her last quote.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It doesn't get any better than "I am not a happy princess." Hilarious.
this made me laugh out loud.
kids are brilliant.
where's my husband of the week? I need something to make beckett jealous.
Post a Comment