Tuesday, September 26, 2006

making it up

When I was young I climbed trees. A lot of trees. Really high. I was like a monkey child. I could scale them so quickly and would spend hours up there. Playing make believe whatever...pirates, Star Wars, shipwrecked island, who the hell knows. I loved it. I grew up around a lot of trees, so I never had to look far. I always felt loose up there. Like I was fluid and light and my whole body was strong and jello-like at the same time.

I also got that feeling when I did intensive contact improv training. I had that feeling for a little while last night. I was doing contact improv with my director and I just wanted to roll around, and counter weight, and feel loose all night. I was sad when we had to actually work on the script. He even told me that I was dragging my feet. Sorry.

Can someone please cast me in a show where I can spend hours just sluffing and sliding and rolling all over the stage for an hour or two a night? Formless and loose and solid all at the same time? Anyone?

No comments: