Monday, July 10, 2006

monday frivolity, or i can't talk about the war today

This past weekend I was rushing to and from my car to feed the meter and on my way back, to a rehearsal I was late for, I got stopped by two preteen girls who asked for my autograph. They were very giggly.

Girl 1: Excuse me, could we get your autograph?

Me: (completely confused) Who do you think I am?

Girl 2: I told you it wasn't her!

Girl 1: Oh my God, I am so embarrassed!

They run away.

Me: Wait! Stop! Who did you think I was?!


They kept running, and I was late, so I never got to find out who they thought I was. When I was young, people told me I looked like Melissa Gilbert. As an adult I have gotten the following:

1. Sharon Stone (when I was blonde)

2. Jullianne Moore

3. Catherine Keener

and, this past weekend, from one of the actresses at rehearsal I told about my mistaken identity moment...

4. Nicole Kidman

Does anyone else out there get compared to famous folk? This inquiring mind wants to know.

3 comments:

SAS said...

I love this story.

I usually get "You look like..." from guys who are trying to sweet talk me for various reasons so I have to take them with a grain of salt. I got Kate Hudson under those circumstances. I got Fiona Apple from someone with fewer ulterior motives. And recently someone said another "You look like..." that I can't remember for the life of me and it's really bothering me now.

On a local level - I have been told that I look like Lee Mikeska Garder, and that Colin Hovde and I look like we could be cousins.

Adam Szymkowicz said...

no, none, ever.

hpmelon said...

SAS - I can totally see the Fiona Apple thing, except you smile.

Adam - You are one of a kind.