It has been a great long while since I have been on the production team side of a show. I am choreographing a piece right now. It is good for me. I have not danced in about 6 months and my muscles had started to atrophy. After only one night of rehearsal my quads were screaming at me. So sad is my muscle tone.
I have taken mental note of the fact that I slid right back into my authoritative persona when working with the actors. When you are on actor side you get to have the multitude of little jokes, the half conversations between work and the ability to stray for a moment, because SM or Director or ...Choreographer will snap you to.
I warned the director, prior to doing it, that I was not 'fun hpmelon' when put in the role of choreographer. I said that I tended to be a lot of business. I try to keep it light, but there is always so little time and so much to get through, that I will eschew small talk for directness.
To top it off, the cast is funny - very funny and not just as individuals, the show is funny as well, so the ability to get things done is also at the whim of the gods of comedy. As it turned out, they were great. The pieces I was brought in to work on, look sharp and we accomplished them in record time and they made me laugh while doing it.
Short and sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment