I take no issue whatsoever with Bush saying shit in regards to the current crisis in Israel and Lebanon. I know that the entire mideast tumult makes me want to shout expletives on a regular basis.
My issue is with the attitude and tone of the conversation. As he blithely talks away while eating (and talks to a PM with his mouth full), he seems to dismiss any weight of the topic. He oversimplifies and seems completely unaffected by the severity of what is happening. He never really turns to face Blair at any point during their exchange. It is also fairly nauseating to hear the tenor of Blair's entreaty about what should be done. He seems like he is trying to please the playground bully, and Bush mollifies him with a 'I told Condi your idea too' wave off.
Blech.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment