Thursday, June 01, 2006

over the swag

I love that this step has been taken. I am not sure what good it will do, but all the same, I am glad it is being addresses. The buying of votes in this country is grotesque and the practice of it has spread like a cancer. Now the idea of buying votes is considered acceptable.

I wish that the Oscars would adopt a similar practice. It may be that money does not buy a vote but I am sure it can sway it. You disagree? What about when Cuba Gooding won instead of Ed Norton or Judy Dench losing for Mrs. Brown, but winning for Shakespeare in Love or Annette Benning not winning for either American Beauty or Being Julia. Most stupefying was Gwenyth Paltrow winning over Kate Blanchette.

But lets look at the bigger picture. How about George Bush getting to be president instead of Al Gore. The biggest election buy off ever.

It's all a trickle down people.

No comments: