Monday, June 05, 2006

head rush

Smaller has been standing on his head for years. Smaller is happy upside down and can hold entire conversations inverted. While standing on his head, Smaller can eat, burp, fart, sing, watch television, do modern dance moves with his feet, relate the pertinent news from his day, and add sums in his head. Smaller spends much of his life doing the tripod or a full headstand with legs gloriously outstretched straight to the sky. Hence why this was a victorious day for Smaller.

While playing with other random small person (ORSP)...

ORSP: Let's race to see who is faster.

Smaller: OK


(They race, they tie.)

ORSP: I win. Now lets see who can hop on one foot the longest.

Smaller: OK.


(They hop, they tie.)

ORSP: I win.

Smaller: No you did not.

ORSP: Yes I did, and you cheated.

Smaller: No I did not.

ORSP: Fine then lets do another. Let's see who can stand on their head the longest.


(A choir of heavenly voices erupt from the clouds, and a strange glow is emitted from Smaller's chest and, as he slowly turns, the wind ruffles his hair.)

Smaller: OK.

(They stand on their heads. ORSP falls over. Smaller stays on his head, perfectly straight, not wavering even an iota. He stays there for several minutes while ORSP continually attempts to attain the perfection that Smaller has, but ORSP keeps falling over.)

Smaller: I WIN.

2 comments:

SAS said...

Did you watch this happen with a private smile?

hpmelon said...

Oh yes. Pride, pure pride.