Monday, September 19, 2005

parking is a bitch

I hate being late for theatre. I hate it when audience members are late. I hate it when I am onstage and I hate it when I am sitting in the house. So I mentally punished myself for being late today, even as I was sitting in my seat. Ce'este la vie.

After the show today I stayed and listened to the post show discussion. I should probably stop doing that. Arctic Actor was talking about inane comments during post show talk backs the other day and I am immensely sympathetic. I have been privy to some of the worst questions ever asked and yet I still stay and listen. I can't say why. The thing that usually bothers me (like today) is that the moderator will try to start a discussion about the play, but the questions will inevitably segway to inquiries about the actors. I watch as the actors try to bring the discussion back around to process and concept, but it is all in vain. I have long since stopped participating in these discussions. I know, I am a big fat hypocrite. If I wanted to change the tone of these talk backs I should speak up, right? Well blah...

In other news... ahh screw it, that will have to wait for the next post. I am tired.

Flamadiddle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blog at your own risk, experts say
ADVICE: Remember that current or prospective employers can see what is being said about them.
Heya. Nice blog and some good content.

I have a self help group website you might be interested. Every month I interview success people (millionaires, memory experts, motivational speakers, etc) and you can model their success. Is that simple. Drop by if you have time. Keep it up with you blog.