Oh my my my, when will they ever learn? Don't they know that they were wrong when hating blacks was en vogue? Don't they know that they were wrong about not letting women vote? It is not just the moral high horse that keeps the white, Christian, straight, conservative so damned prejudice; it's really just that they are out of style. They are the same people that wear comb overs, polyester ties and still listen to cassettes. They don't realize when the tide changes so they are the last to get on the merry go round. We need a social politics fab five to do weekly make overs for these poor saps. Because in a few years, when gay marriage is not just accepted, but has federal money supporting programs to help those gay couples who are just starting out (a sort of affirmative, with snaps, action), these relics will have to do the back peddle and go on talk shows to say "Well, at the time I just could not support it, but now I have come to understand that marriage between two consenting adults really is ok." They will smile and hug a gay person, to show that queers no longer freak them out. They will not say sorry, They will not say they were wrong, but they will disco around it like the old farts that they are.
You disappoint me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the "with snaps" line was very funny. And, ps, I finally read all your bloggin'. So see, I listen, I care....
-hubby
Post a Comment