Monday, October 22, 2007

that was something

So we are in the thick of it. Fall show openings abound and I am at the theatre plenty these days. We theatre artists have a vocabulary that we use to discuss plays we see, a vocabulary for congratulating our friends who have designed, directed, performed in said shows. It is hard to come up with new inventive ways of saying "I liked it" or "Not so much". I have heard from many of you about your secret code for when you don't like a show. I won't blow any one's cover, but the best was definitely from a cast mate this past summer. Her signature line when she hated a show and then was faced with awkward moment of seeing her friends afterward was...psych..I told you I would not tell. She would kill me.

But rest assured it was not any of these which I always joke about saying...

-You were acting!
-That was a play and you were in it!
-The whole time that the lights were on you I was, like, wow, you are bright!

My tell? It's..erm...huh...I have to go now.

No comments: