Friday, October 12, 2007

it's not like it's bad for me

I have a bad habit. One that I love and will never let go of. I am a horrible gum popper. Chewing gum. Orbitz is my preferred gum of choice. I love doing it. I have a special talent for popping gum really loudly. Really, really loudly. It drives my family nuts, so I cannot do it around them. When I am driving by myself, or working at home (which I have been doing since I started this contract job, but I will soon have to show my face in the office and the true misery will begin) I chomp and pop away. And i love it. It is so supremely satisfying.

If you are still there faithful readers please share your bad habit. I would love to know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitchy Movie Night - my friend and i are really good at it. Bad habit? Maybe. I prefer to think of it as a cleansing of our chakra. We sharpen our teeth on innocent bystanders so we can better serve the ones we love.

Anonymous said...

erm...
I have a couple of obsessive physical bad habits..
the worst of which is picking at things. I absolutely cannot leave anything alone to heal. it's a bit ridiculous. Also I crack my back & knuckles all the time, and have single hiccups sporadically throughout the day.

Anonymous said...

Diet Coke.
I'm talking like gallons of it.
Bad bad bad.

Adam Szymkowicz said...

playwriting

SAS said...

Just one?

The cuticle biting is the worst, I think. Twice I've had physicians almost prescribe anti-anxiety drugs because of it. And when I floated in the dead sea my fingertips felt like they were burning off my very fingers.

hpmelon said...

Ahh we are all so wonderfully flawed. Especially you Adam, hang your head in shame.

Anonymous said...

Blogging.