Thursday, September 06, 2007

it all stands for something

So I bent to the economic pressures of having Smallers and such and got a job. Granted its part time, and its a contract position, but its in an office, and there are acronyms. My oh my are there acronyms. How offices love their precious acronyms. They put initials to things that don't even need shortening, but hell, it makes it all sound so much more official. I am still learning what they all mean, but once I do I will begin my mental game of making up alternative meanings to the acronyms. I got so good at this in my last office job, I would actually crack myself up and have to stifle laughter whilst sitting through an intolerably long meeting. I am a bit rusty. It has been about 4 years since I have worked an office job, but I will overcome. I also need to polish my salutatory head nod. This greeting is par for the course in the professional world for anyone who you do not really know, but they work in your office. Gotta give the nod, but don't overdo it or you come off looking like a freak.

Don't cry for me. I will be OK. I have new slacks so you see, there are pluses.

K.I.T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i laughed out loud at the thought of you vigorously nodding at passing co-workers - add a veneer of being slightly pop-eyed and it's perfect!