Tuesday, January 23, 2007

oh tennessee

Whenever I hear the term memory play I start to get groggy. It seems to be that memory plays all become dream plays. Not dream plays that are odd and absurd and adrenaline pumping, but dreams that are really languid and mellow and make me want to take a snooze. So, for the most part it is not a selling point for me to bill something as a beautiful memory play, or a wistful memory play. For me, that just means, it will be hard to stay awake, so drink some caffeine before taking a seat at the theatre so that I wont miss lovely language, and pretty stage pictures. I know that there are pieces with action and pace and spark that fall under this umbrella, but it has been so long since I have seen one like that, that I have a hard time dragging myself to anything that is termed this way.

No comments: