The conversation went something like this.
He: "I read your latest blog entry and you are blasphemous."
Me: "Blasphemous?"
He: "Yes, you are a blaspheme."
Me: "Huh, you think."
He: "What else would you be, if you relish the idea of sinning."
Me: "Eating fruit is hardly a sin."
He: "It is a metaphor."
Me: "Aha! Then you admit the Bible is not literal; some would consider that blasphemous."
He: "Not the same. Where do you stand on Cain?"
Me: "I don't think he should have murdered his brother, but I can see why he was pissed when God trashed his offering."
He: "And the prodigal son?"
Me: "Why couldn't the father throw them both a party, why do Bible stories continually reinforce bad parenting?"
He: "Yup, blasphemous, but charming all the same."
I just call it like I see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment