Monday, October 20, 2008

click, clickity, clunk

I have written a couple starts to my 'Farewell to Blogging' post, and find that I just can't do it. I can't let go. Since starting the theatre company I write like have not written since...well ever.

I write passion statements, mission statements, donor letters, budgets, grant proposals, contracts, bylaws, fundraising strategies, marketing material, web content, play synopses, emails, emails, emails, project proposals, code of ethics, agendas, and emails, emails, emails. I am burning out all the time and have little...well ok, nothing left that I feel the need to write about. I wish I could just have a conversation instead of having to type. But I don't want to talk about the theatre company; because I spend every day pitching it, and selling it, and convincing people to give me money, and space, and time and stuff, for it.

I would rather talk about what you are doing. I really, really would.

I hope you are well bloggy folk. I still read what you are writing, even if I am off the radar. I read your hi jinks, Isaac, and yours too, Matt. I keep up with you, Adam, and you Sheila (can't wait to meet the kid in person when your in town next). I can't stop visiting Dup, just to see how the west coast is going, and I am so sad that Rorschach has taken a blogging hiatus (I miss their tomfoolery). I keep up with Grote and Daisy and meander through countless other blogs as often as possible. I adore all you troublemakers.

But.... I cannot keep up with it all. I have smallers for Christ's sake. If you are in DC and want to chat. Let's go for a drink.

So I am not saying goodbye, but I am continuing my break, sabbatical, what have you. Keep blogging and talk to you soon.

No comments: