Posting may be a bit light for a while, due to me putting too many things on my plate as of late.
My body also hurts. A whole lot. Rehearsals are very physical and I stopped working out about two months ago. So my muscles are complaining about the atrophy that I allowed to set in. I also have several bruises and can't remember which prat fall, or somersault I acquired them on. I need to revisit a stage combat 101 class.
Lastly I want to hearken back to the summer of my twelfth year on this earth. I was taking a summer acting class from a complete hippie who reeked of pot every morning and sweated alcohol all day long. I loved him. After one long and tiring session he taught us a quick relaxation/reenergizing exercise that I latched onto as gospel. Now come back to present. Midway through a loooooooong Saturday rehearsal, I felt my muscles shaking and my energy was depleted, my lines were coming out flat and listless. When they called for a break I went over in a corner and did the exercise I learned in my early teens and came back refreshed and ready to work. I have been doing this exercise all these years and it still helps me. I realized that I have been gathering my tools for this craft for a very long time. I am always open to new ones, but I love that I have gems that I have carried with me for so long.
Onward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment