Thursday, March 22, 2007

it's all so new

Driving in the car today I ended up behind a massive black dump truck hauling gravel. Very rough and rugged except for the message in very large letters on the back of the truck.

"Smile. Jesus loves you and so do I."

Now I have never heard one word from Jesus on this matter and so will let him profess his love for me on his own. But that this truck driver loves me, well its very flattering to find that out. Considering he knows nothing of my temper, my procrastination when it comes to dusting, how I cuss like a sailor, or the fact that I will never watch anything with Vin Diesal in it.

Ahh, young love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'd prefer to imagine that the actual truck itself loves me, as opposed to the driver. I accept love from inanimate objects.

The Trendy Tailor said...

I agree with the truck doin' the lovin'.

hpmelon said...

I knew someone would judge my dewy new romance...