I have tried in vain to tell Smaller the truth. Small and I have debated the facts with him and he refuses to see the writing on the wall. There is no Santa. He says Santa is real. Smallest has sided with Smaller. They have formed a Santa fan club. They play Santa/Christmas morning/North Pole every chance they can get. Small spends time gathering empirical evidence to proove that Santa is a myth.
This is the repeating conversation:
(Smallest nods in agreement every time Smaller speaks.)
Small: Santa is not real.
Smaller: Santa is real.
Small: Why would Mommy lie to you?
Smaller: Santa is real.
Small: How come you have to ask Mommy and Daddy for presents then?
Smaller: Santa is real.
Small: How come the reindeer's names never change. They must die, so where do the new ones come from since there are no reindeer in the North Pole.
Smaller: Santa is real.
Small: I looked him up on the computer and St. Nicholas was a man. A man who died. He is not alive anymore, so how can he bring you toys? How would he get down the chimney, how does he know what you want?
Smaller: Santa is real.
Small: Fine. I am going to write a letter to Santa for you asking for something that Mommy and Daddy do not know about and we will see if Santa brings it. On Christmas eve I am going to set up a trap and a motion detector and a video camera to catch him. In the morning I am going to search for finger prints, dirt from his boots, and hair samples.
Smaller: You won't catch him.
Small: I know I wont, because he is not real.
Smaller: Santa is real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment